The past year real life has taken most of my attention away from making miniatures so hence my absence... One of the things was a possible move and with that would come the necessity of picking up my workshop. Aaah! Something I don't even wish my worst enemy! Imagine dismantling the organized chaos of an overflowing workshop full with boxes and cabinets stuffed with materials crammed with tools. You probably recognize it. A place, so full, yet where you can find anything blindfolded. So late summer I made a reluctant start to sort & pack...
A few weeks later... the need to move was lifted. Hurray! I decided to make the most of the situation and redo the whole shop as the ever-growing bits, bobs and tools made me run into storage issues and irritations. Amongst was a more sufficient and permanent power tool set up too!
But first sorting out the paper archive;
Build a more efficient wood storage;
Repaint all the work surfaces;
Scrape (40 years of dirt from) the floor.
And while at that I'd found the front leg that disappeared while building the regency library chair :D
I'd relayed a bit of electric to feed the power tool area too and then it was on to build a few cabinets i'd managed to get my hands on;
A small one on the back wall;
A bigger one on the right, and most of the power tools with dust extraction in between;
And here's is the main work area reinstated;
I was at it for quite a while but very contend with how it turned out. By that time Christmas had come which is peek season at work so it wasn't till mid Januari that time was favorable to start thinking of building again... So apology for neglecting this blog, but as you can see it was for a good cause :)